Label Cloud

I've decided...

that I'm kinda in love with Russ Feingold. I was reading up about who represents me in various political offices, and decided to finally read his wikipedia page. I'd heard lots of good things about him, but finally read about them myself. This dude is badass. He is totally not afraid of being the lone senator voting for or against something.

From the wiki:

Feingold was the only Democratic senator to vote against a motion to dismiss Congress's 1998–1999 impeachment case of President Bill Clinton.[31] In a statement, Feingold said House prosecutors must have "every reasonable opportunity" to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Clinton should be removed from office on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice. Feingold ultimately voted against conviction on all charges.

In 2001, Feingold voted for the confirmation of Attorney General John Ashcroft. This decision was not popular with his party, but Feingold explained that he voted based on respect for the right for a President to choose his Cabinet, not because of his own personal opinions on Ashcroft.[32]

Feingold was the only senator to vote against the USA PATRIOT Act when first voted on in 2001.[43] At the time, Feingold stated that provisions in the act infringed upon citizens' civil liberties.[44]

I could go on and on, especially in regards to his budget. The dude is amazing.

0 comments: