Label Cloud

My life in short doses

* There are several things I should be doing, and even more that I could be doing, but instead I can't muster up the enthusiasm to even browse websites.

* I am anxious for school to start again. I enjoy learning and like the atmosphere of university. Also, I want my degree.

* I played the hell out of Polarium for the DS last week (I got it, plus a case and some styluses/styli for 5 bucks on clearance.) I now see black and white patterns when I close my eyes.

* I enjoy the Star Wars RPG Brent is running so incredibly much. I will be sad when it finally has to end.

* I've been on a city building game kick lately. I picked up what I thought was going to be a city builder at Half-Price books on Sunday, but turns out it's just an economic simulation, with no real city building. I might give it a go later, but it doesn't satisfy my immense craving to build sprawling metropolises. Luckily, it was only 5 bucks.

* HBO is making a television series out of a series of books I read. I'm too nervous about their quality to be excited.

* I've been slowly (for me) re-reading the Harry Potter series. I can't decide if flaws I find are flaws in the writing, the plot, or simply the characters themselves.

* I FINALLY found something that tastes reasonably like old-fashioned glazed donuts. Entemmans makes glazed poppers that satisfy my craving.

* I feel bad that I spent money on my adorable little green iPod nano, and now it's not getting any use, since I'm home all summer. I know I'll use it constantly once school starts up again, though.

* I don't have kids, and I don't even work with kids anymore, but I still buy children's books. Doreen Cronin writes amazing children's books about politics and labor relations.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have the same nano...the minty green one? Keith got it for me for Christmas and I didn't use it regularly till this Spring...I felt guilty too. I don't have ay music on it, it is just loaded with audiobooks. They are wonderful for my long commute to work!