Tonight was just one of those nights when I thought about how things used to be--the people I knew, my family, what I did. It put me in a very nostalgic mood. I'm comfortable with where I am in my life right now. I'm further behind education-wise than I'd like, but I think 15 year old Lissette wouldn't have been appalled with where I am today. I'm getting a degree in an interesting, but not profitable, field. I have a great boyfriend who is sweet and funny and nerdy (that last one is especially important--being a geek and dating, or marrying!, a non-geek is a PAIN!)
But... I feel a bit out of touch. People who I used to consider my family have had kids that I didn't know about until I found them on MySpace.
Sidenote: I consider MySpace the devil. Seriously people, I don't want to look at flashing glitter graphics just to see what you're up to. It's called Facebook. Use it. /end sidenote.
Also, I just feel old. People I graduated high school with are putting their kids in grade school! Meanwhile, sometimes my cat feels like too much work.
Ah, enough being melancholy about the past.
Nostalgia
Posted by Lissette at Sunday, March 16, 2008
Labels: personal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Oh, Lissette, I miss you. I feel like we live in two separate worlds, but I still love you even if you live on another planet! :)
Post a Comment